FOR MASS TIMES: CLICK HERE.
Our Lady Queen of All Saints, located in Ville Platte, LA, is a Roman Catholic Church in the Diocese of Lafayette. It is under the care of Bishop J. Douglas Deshotel (who is from Basile). Our pastor is Fr. Mitchell Guidry. For our address and phone number, see our Contact page.
Until retracted or altered by Bishop Deshotel, all Catholics in the Diocese of Lafayette remain dispensed from their obligation of attending Sunday Mass.
All the bishops of the State of Louisiana have determined that Catholics may fulfill their spiritual duty to consecrating the week (Sabbath) on any day of the week, including Monday-Saturday morning.
October Back-to-Basics – Join us Monday, Oct. 12, as Fr. Mitch Guidry examines Socialism and Marxism from the perspective of Catholic teaching. The free talk is open to the public. It starts at 5:30 pm at the Family Life Center (1220 W. Dardeau St., Ville Platte).
❤️❤️ From Fr. Guidry ❤️❤️
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Since our Bishop has allowed the churches of the Diocese to remain open for prayer (for now) and we are able (for now) to travel freely (if we are well and have no viral symptoms), here is a list of various churches and shrines to visit on Sundays or anytime you feel the need to get out and see something different:
1. The Five Oldest Parishes of the Diocese of Lafayette: St. Martin de Tours, St. Martinville (1765); St. Landry, Opelousas (1776); St. Charles Borromeo (1819); Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, Lafayette (1821); St. Peter, New Iberia (1838).
2. Churches Beautiful in Art and Arcitechture: St. Bernard, Breaux Bridge (home of our first Bishop, Jules B Jeanmard); St. Mary Magdalene, Abbeville; Church of the Assumption, Franklin; St. Joseph, Loreauville; St. Peter, Carencro; St. Leo IV, Robert’s Cove; St. Michael, Crowley; Our Lady of the Lake, Delcambre; St. Anthony, Eunice; St. John Berchman, Cankton; St. Genevieve, Lafayette; St. Edward, Richard; and, of course, the churches of the above oldest parishes in the Diocese.
3. Various Shrines throughout the Diocese: Walfahrtkapelle (Pilgrim Chapel), St. Leo IV, Robert’s Cove; Sacred Heart Shrine, Annunciation Church, Duralde; Tomb of Charlene Richard, St. Edward Church Cemetery, Richard; Fr. Verbis LaFleur Memorial, St. Landry Church, Opelousas; Our Lady of Fatima Shrine, St. Thomas Chapel, Savoy (just off of Hwy. 190 east of Eunice); Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto, St. Martin de Tours, St. Martinville.
4. Churches Under the Patronage of St. Joseph to Visit in this Year of St. Joseph: St. Joseph’s Churches in Ville Platte, Plaisance, Cecilia, Iota, Patterson, Loreauville, Evangeline, Rayne, Parks, Maurice, Centerville and Broussard.
In the Peace of Christ,
Fr. Mitchell Guidry
Here’s the link to give online: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=MeURs7 . Our parish code is 581.
Check out our photos, including a photo album of the important/memorable people in the history of OLQAS.
Our Mass times are:
- Saturday – 4 pm (anticipated)
- Sunday – 8:30 am and 10:30 am
- Monday – No Mass
- Tuesday and Thursday – 5:30 pm
- Wednesday and Friday – 12:10 pm
- FIRST SATURDAY MASS – Is celebrated at Sacred Heart Church at 8 am. Sacred Heart celebrates 8 am Mass every Saturday, not just on First Saturday.
Confession Times are:
- Tuesday & Thursday: 5-5:20 pm (5:30 Mass)
- Wednesday & Friday: 11:40 am – 12:00 noon (12:10 Mass)
- Saturday: 2:30-3:50 pm (4:00 Mass)
- Sunday: 8:00-8:20 am (8:30 Mass); and 10:00-10:20 am (10:30 Mass)
- Should you need more than a few minutes of Fr. Guidry’s time, he would be happy to schedule and appointment with you.
On our website, you can find information about:
- our office hours and staff
- the reception of the Sacraments
- the most recent church bulletins and server schedules
- our parish activities and parish life
- the CCD program
If you have a question, please give us a call. Or leave a comment in the comment boxes attached to any of these pages.
God bless you.