UPDATE: Some of the links in the following article are broken. They will be repaired soon.
Read a good introductory explanation of the Sacraments in an article at beginningcatholic.com.
The Sacrament of Confession/Reconciliation
- Confession at the following times:
- Saturdays, from 2:30 – 3:45 pm
- Sundays, from 7:30 – 8:15 am; and 9:45 – 10:15 am
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 4:30 – 5:15 pm
- Wednesdays and Fridays, from 11:30 am – 12 noon
- Also, by appointment
- For an Examination of Conscience, click here.
- For a Bible-based, scriptural explanation of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, visit Scripture Catholic ; or read this article at Catholic.com.
- For an explanation of the Sacrament of Reconciliation from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, click here.
The Sacrament of Baptism
- Download the Baptismal Information Form by clicking here. Complete the form and return it to the Family Life Center.
- Parents should call the Church Office (337.363.5167) early in the pregnancy to register for the Baptism Class and godparents.
- The following dates have been announced for the OLQAS baptismal seminar:
The Sacrament of Marriage
- Couples should contact the pastor or deacon at least six months prior to the anticipated wedding date.
- For an explanation of what the Sacrament of Marriage is, read this article from Catholic.com; or this article about the permanency of marriage.
- For an explanation of the Sacrament of Matrimony from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, click here.
The Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
- Please call the Church Office (337.363.5167) if someone is seriously ill.
- Normally, preparation for the reception of First Communion and Confirmation are made through the CCD (religious education) program or through the Sacred Heart School Theology curriculum.