Our Lady Queen of All Saints, located in Ville Platte, LA, is a Roman Catholic Church in the Diocese of Lafayette. It is under the care of Bishop Michael Jarrell. Our pastor is Fr. Mitchell Guidry. For our address and phone number, see our Contact page.
Fr. Brad Guillory will offer the Solemnity of All Saints with a special Mass in the Extraordinary Form, at 8:30 am on Nov. 1, All Saints Day.
- The Extraordinary Form of the Mass is also known as the Traditional Latin Mass. The prayers of the Mass will be in Latin; however, the readings will be in the vernacular (English).
All Saints Day IS NOT a Holy Day of Obligation this year. Normally, All Saints Day is a Holy Day of Obligation. However, when the solemnity falls on a Saturday or Monday (like this year), the obligation is abrogated.
- Sacred Heart Church will also have morning Mass on All Saints Day at 8 am.
BLESSING OF THE CEMETERIES SCHEDULE: (This is for the blessing being done by OLQAS and Sacred Heart Churches)
* 12 noon – Evangeline Memorial Cemetery
* After 4 pm Mass – Belaire Cove Cemetery
* 5:15 pm – Gate of Heaven Cemetery
* 5:30 pm – Old Ville Platte Cemetery
* After 8:30 pm Mass – St. Joseph’s Cemetery
* After 10 am Mass – Sacred Heart Cemetery
* 12:30 pm – Tate Cove Cemetery
* 1:30 pm – Tee Mamou Cemetery
* 3:00 pm – Platin Cemetery
For the latest news and events, click here.
Rueben Quezada, author of For Greater Glory: The True Story of the Cristiada, will be speaking at Sacred Heart Church on Oct. 27. The topic is: religious freedom. For more details, click here.
Bible Study offered on 3rd Monday of the month: OLQAS, Sacred Heart, and St. Joseph church parishes are hosting a 24-session Bible study, starting Nov. 17. For more information about the free Bible study, click the image below.
Fr. Guidry’s sermons are online - Check out our new Sermons page, where you can listen to recent sermons — or even download them to your own device.
Back-to-Basics Lecture Series. The next lecture – on Monday, Nov. 11 – will “Rapture and Revelation”, taught by Fr. Mitch Guidry. For the full schedule of lectures, click here.
LSU-E Awakening Retreat Announced – For details, click here.
OLQAS has a Facebook page – If you use Facebook, go to the OLQAS Facebook page and “Like” us to get updates in your News Feed.
- You can also check out our photos, including a photo album of the important/memorable people in the history of OLQAS.
Our Mass times are:
- Saturday – 4 pm (anticipated)
- Sunday – 8:30 am and 10:30 am
- Monday – No Mass
- Tuesday and Thursday – 5:30 pm
- Wednesday and Friday – 12:10 pm
- FIRST SATURDAY MASS - Is celebrated at Sacred Heart Church at 8 am. Sacred Heart celebrates 8 am Mass every Saturday, not just on First Saturday.
Confession Times are:
- Tuesday & Thursday: 5-5:20 pm (5:30 Mass)
- Wednesday & Friday: 11:40 am – 12:00 noon (12:10 Mass)
- Saturday: 2:30-3:50 pm (4:00 Mass)
- Sunday: 8:00-8:20 am (8:30 Mass); and 10:00-10:20 am (10:30 Mass)
- Should you need more than a few minutes of Fr. Guidry’s time, he would be happy to schedule and appointment with you.
On our website, you can find information about:
- our office hours and staff
- the reception of the Sacraments
- the most recent church bulletins and server schedules
- our parish activities and parish life
- the CCD program
If you have a question, please give us a call. Or leave a comment in the comment boxes attached to any of these pages.
God bless you.